The Office of the Ombuds offers a safe setting for postdocs to discuss research and/or other university-related concerns.
Reasons postdocs visit the ombuds include, but are not limited to:
- Interpersonal disputes
- Administrative roadblocks or bureaucratic runarounds
- Washington University policies and procedures
- Career progression and development
- Ethical dilemmas
- Research-related matters including authorship, proprietorship, conflict of interest or scientific misconduct
- Abrasive conduct, incivility or problematic behavior
- Unfair treatment
- Harassment or discrimination
- Health and safety
- Threats or retaliation
- Working Conditions
What to Expect
The ombuds will listen to your concerns, help you think through your situation, and, together with you, identify and evaluate possible options for moving forward. At all times, you retain control over how your concern will be addressed.