The Office of the Ombuds offers a safe setting for graduate students to discuss academic and/or other university-related concerns.
Reasons graduate students visit the ombuds include, but are not limited to:
- Interpersonal disputes
- Administrative roadblocks or bureaucratic runarounds
- Washington University policies and procedures
- Advising relationships
- Academic progress
- Grade disputes
- Ethical dilemmas
- Research-related matters including authorship, proprietorship, conflict of interest or scientific misconduct
- Abrasive conduct, incivility or problematic behavior
- Unfair treatment
- Harassment or discrimination
- Health and safety
- Threats or retaliation
- Billing disputes or tuition concerns
What to Expect
The ombuds will listen to your concerns, help you think through your situation, and, together with you, identify and evaluate possible options for moving forward. At all times, you retain control over how your concern will be addressed.
Staff, Postdocs, and Graduate Student Ombuds (All campus locatations)
- Phone: 314-379-8110
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The best way to contact the ombuds is to call 314-379-8110. Communicating with the ombuds by email is discouraged since confidentiality cannot be ensured.